Quick & Easy But Healthy Crispy Salmon with Herb Butter
Salmon is a delicious, healthy fish that can be cooked in a lot of ways. This easy, healthy salmon recipe features crispy skin and is flavored with simple herb butter. It’s a delicious, weeknight-friendly meal that family and friends will enjoy.
For the best results
Depending on the thickness of the fillets and the temperature inside, the cooking time for salmon will vary. Take the fish fillets and butter out of the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before cooking.
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter — divided and room temperature
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder — divided
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil — divided
- 4 pieces of 4-oz. wild-caught salmon fillets, skin on
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic — minced
- 1 small zucchini (or ½ large) — thinly sliced into half rounds
- 1 small yellow squash (or ½ large) — thinly sliced into half rounds
- 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes — halved
- 1 large lemon — cut into wedges for squeezing
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley — chopped
Kitchen Multitasking Tip
Preparing garlic, zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes while salmon cooks will save you time.
- In a small bowl, mix together and combine 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, oregano, thyme, and half the garlic powder. Put aside.
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil and the remaining butter. Put the salmon fillets skin side down in the hot skillet after patting them with paper towels.
Salt and pepper to taste, along with the remaining garlic powder.
- After about 4-5 minutes of cooking, the salmon skin should be nicely browned and crispy. Cook the salmon for another 3-4 minutes on the other side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Tip: To test if the fillets are ready, use a fork to flake them.
- Take the skillet off the heat and transfer the salmon to a platter. Then, set the skillet over medium heat and add the remaining olive oil. Add garlic, zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes. Season and mix in with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir occasionally, for roughly 4 – 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and nicely browned.
- Bring the salmon back to the skillet. Drizzle some of the herb butter over the fillets and add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice over them. Top the dish with some freshly chopped parsley as a garnish and serve immediately.
Free 2-Hour Delivery on Food Groceries
Order healthy ingredients and get them fast & fresh via Prime.
Other than Free 2-Hour Food Groceries Delivery…
Enjoy LinkedIn Premium, movies, music & special discounts on textbooks for 6 months – FREE.
Use SNAP EBT…
Pay for groceries on Amazon with SNAP EBT and enjoy free shipping. No Prime membership is needed.