The perfect simple side dish for a summer BBQ or picnic, this light dill cucumber salad can be enjoyed any time of year. All it takes is 15 minutes to prepare!
For the best results
It is a good idea to prepare the dressing in advance to give the flavors time to develop.
In contrast to most cucumber salads (often topped with mayonnaise-based dressing), this lighter version does not overpower the cucumber and still packs flavor.
Adjusting Flavors & Textures
To create a thicker dressing, reduce the amount of lemon juice added to the dressing.
- 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1½ tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill — finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper — to taste
- 2 large cucumbers — thinly sliced into half rounds
- ½ medium red onion — thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill — roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dressing’s ingredients. Mix them thoroughly and combine them well. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Put aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, red onion, and roughly chopped fresh dill. Add the dressing to the salad and toss them together.
The dish can be served immediately or chilled for up to two hours. Enjoy!