Cashew chicken wraps are an easy and delicious way to enjoy a healthy, homemade meal.
These wraps are packed with chicken, veggies, and creamy cashew sauce. They’re perfect for a quick lunch or dinner and can be made ahead of time for even easier meal prep.
For the best results
Before adding the peanut butter to the sauce, microwave it for 15 – 20 seconds. Blending is easier when it’s slightly warm.
- 1/3 cup of tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons of sugar-free crunchy peanut butter — room temperature
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1-2 cloves of large garlic — minced
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes*
*To lessen the spiciness, use ¼ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes instead
- 1 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breast — cubed
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 large green onions — sliced, separate white and green parts
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic — minced
- Sea salt and black pepper — to taste
- I large head of Bibb lettuce (or Butter/Romaine lettuce) — separated, rinsed, and patted dry
- ½ cup of lightly salted cashews — chopped
- In a large bowl, combine and whisk the tamari, peanut butter, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Then, add the cubed chicken breast and toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add the white part of the green onion and the garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir together.
Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for approximately 2-3 minutes until it starts to develop some colour.
- Into the skillet, pour the sauce and chicken and stir to combine. Stir occasionally until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through. This will take approximately 8-10 minutes.
- After the chicken mixture is cooked, remove it from the heat and divide it between Bibb lettuce leaves.
- Garnish with sliced green onions over each wrap and sprinkle chopped cashews on top. Serve right away.