You won’t want to miss out on this easy one-skillet recipe. The pork chops are cooked in a delicious sauce with olives, tomatoes, and onions. Packed with flavor, while still healthy, this dish is perfect for a weeknight meal or for entertaining guests.
For the best results
Cooking times for pork chops vary depending on a lot of factors, like thickness and internal starting temperature. The chops in the pictures are between 5 and 6 ounces each. Ideally, let the chops come to room temperature before cooking, and use a thermometer to check.
- 4 pieces of 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper — to taste
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil — divided
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic — minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ¼ cup of Kalamata olives — pitted and halved
- 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes — halved
- 3 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ medium red onion — thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley — chopped
- Take the pork chops out of the refrigerator and pat them dry with a paper towel. Lightly season both sides of each chop with the garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, as desired. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk two tablespoons of olive oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and thyme. Toss together the Kalamata olives, tomatoes, and Feta cheese. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large nonstick skillet. Sauté the red onion, stirring occasionally, for approximately 4-5 minutes, until it softens and starts to develop some color.
- Then add the leftover olive oil and the seasoned pork chops to the skillet. Cook the chops for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
Safe cooking temperature
The safe temperature for cooking pork is 145°F (62.8°C). At this point, an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the chops should register 135°F (57.2°C).
- Add the seasoned tomato and Feta mixture to the skillet and nestle it in among the chops. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until the tomatoes and olives are warmed through and the Feta starts to melt.
- Remove the skillet from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired, and serve immediately with your choice of sides.